Camelot

Camelot

Monday, March 31, 2014

These Old Boots




These old boots
Of sturdy brown leather
The stories they could tell
But won't
They'll keep their lips sealed
In any weather

They've appointed me
The storyteller

They've kept me dry
Through it all
Wind, rain and snowfall

Their loyalty
I deserve
I keep them oiled
Whenever they get
A little bit soiled

Although
I must confess
I have been
A bit feckless
They still carry the mud
From my last trek
To Camelot

The long walk
Up the narrow winding path
The bursts of rain
Boy, did they get a mud bath

These old sturdy
Brown boots
Still have a piece
Of history
Embedded in their soles
I don't have the heart
To clean them off
Because they played their role
In the adventures
They took part

They live on
In our memory
And we are not ready
To put them away
Maybe before our next holiday
Until then
The mud will stay


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment