Camelot

Camelot

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sharp and Jagged

Passion's lane
Is a path less traveled
Obstructed by mountains of pain
And a bottomless fissure of doubt
Though our hearts call
We tune them out
Fear of the unknown
Down this lonely thoroughfare
That we may travel alone
And lead a life of despair

Lucky are the few
The very few
Who mount their steed
And take up the sword
Bold and daring, bidding adieu
To everything they knew
Strength and conviction in their creed
Unafraid to cross the river at the ford

I am but a child, bare of feet
On this sharp and jagged road
Unsure of when next I'll eat
On this bandit filled route
Of scoundrels and rogues
Tentative but sure
Each step painstakingly sincere
With back held rigid
Push aside all of my fears

I travel the path less traveled
I always will
I wish to feel the world
It's fires aflame and waters still
To burn with the fever
Of my love
And the artistry of my soul
My fingers fly to catch up
To reach the heights of my goal

Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment