Camelot

Camelot

Friday, March 14, 2014

Let's Go For A Ride

I want to take you for a ride
On silk brocade seats
A hundred places to hide
Between the soft sheets

See that woman over there
With her eyes dipped low
And her short golden hair
What's her story?
I'd like to know

What about that man
With his fedora tipped just right
I saw as he ran
He barely made it
Out of breath
Boy, it was tight

And that couple in the corner
Whispering in heat
They aren't aware
I can hear every word
Things I can't repeat

I lean back in my seat
Take a sweet languid sip of my wine
I feel the rhythmic beat
Of the wheels beneath my feet
Oh, how it rolls just fine

My eyes shutter close
As I take in the scene
I can imagine
The murder, the mystery
I've fulfilled a life long dream
From Paris to Turkey
And everything in between

Hercule Poirot
Where are you now?
Are your little gray cells ticking?
I've enjoyed your stories
Come on take a bow

Do you know where I am?
Have you taken a guess?
I'm on the famous
Orient Express


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014


*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment