Camelot

Camelot

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Childhood Fears

Childhood fears
Of things
That go bump
In the night
C-R-E-E-E-A-K!
What was that?
My heart thumps
The empty blackness
Gives me quite a fright

That clown there
Separate from the rest
With the painted on smile
That's not genuine laughter
Coming from those lips
Though he tries to beguile
Look closer
Into his hate-filled eyes
That expression
Has been there awhile

That sad lonely howl
Coming from somewhere outside
Is it a dog? Wolf?
Or some kind of beast?
Ready to tear me apart?
My body its feast?

Is there something
Underneath my bed?
With gray withered skin
Eyes a dead void
That stare out
From a hollow soul within?
Will it slither out
When I've lain my head
Ready for my night's sleep
To tug at my fingers
Or the toe's of my feet?

My childhood fears
I've long since outgrown

But every once in a while
They've popped up
Through the people I've known


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment