Camelot

Camelot

Friday, May 20, 2011

I Would Like To Talk About Bidets. Yes, You Heard Right Bidets.

As you well know, we Americans have been raised to use dry, very dry toilet paper to clean our down under so when we travel to foreign countries who are not use to this concept we gasp in horror.  Oh, the nerve!  But if we look past our snobby noses and used our little gray cells (as Hercule Poirot would say) we would agree that washing that particular area with soap and water is so much cleaner and more sanitary than scraping dry paper between our cheeks.  When I went on vacation to India in the middle of summer a few years ago, arriving at the same time as the monsoon season (it came early that year), oh the bathroom adventures I had.  No toilet paper to be found in any of the public and private restrooms that I visited.  Thank goodness I had bought a travel size bottle of body wash at the airport for freshening up in between flights.  I carried that little bottle with me everywhere.  In India they have faucets next to the toilets or at least within reaching distance and that is what you use to clean up after yourself.  Sometimes soap was available and sometimes not, so that little bottle of body wash was a godsend in those types of situations.  I found after a few days I had become accustomed and actually really liked the feeling of being fresh and clean after a bowel movement to where now in my tiny little apartment after doing the deed I have to wash myself in the shower.  Very inconvenient...which brings me to bidets.  I am definitely purchasing one.  I have a bidet frame of mind.  When my lease is up and it will be up sooner rather than later and I decide to move to better accommodations, a bidet is definitely at the top of my list of "Things to Buy".

No comments:

Post a Comment