Camelot

Camelot

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beauty

What is it about beauty that drives us women to torture ourselves with needles, chemicals and brillo pads!  I admit I'm guilty of at least 2 of the above.  I haven't resorted to needles yet but I've definitely thought about it.  I can see it happening in my foreseeable future.  And it costs money...tons of money to keep it all up.  I've tried almost everything out there and has it helped?  I don't know.  Honestly, I don't know.  I look at myself in the mirror and I don't know if I would have looked the way I do regardless if I did anything about it or not.  I should have taken a before picture 10 years ago so I can compare of course I was thinner then and I have to admit, I was more attractive.  I'm 10 lbs. heavier now.  Ok ok, I lied more like 20 and I hate myself for it but we'll discuss that another time.  The one thing I do see as really beneficial/necessary to the skin is regular exfoliation.  It has to be done.  There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.  It has to be done.  If I don't exfoliate my skin for a month, I look like a horrible mess.  My skin is lined and very very dull.  I look like I've aged 10 years!  I do one exfoliation treatment and 'voila!' my skin looks smooth and radiant.  Amazing!  (I sound like a commercial.  Hehehe...)  And exfoliation doesn't have to be expensive.  There are all kinds of homemade recipes out there on the internet world that you can try and may save you money and look great at the same time.  I've tried most of them.  Although, I have become very fond of the chemical kind (glycolic, lactic acids).  I've become hooked to those because it's instant gratification.  The effect is almost instantaneous and I love it.  So, like I said we women will do just about anything to stay beautiful and we'll pay just about any amount if we have it.  Does it really work?  I think to some extent it does but is it worth the amount of labor and money we invest in it?  Who's to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment