Camelot

Camelot

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eighth Day of Treatment

I just finished another round of treatment.  I am so happy and excited I can't contain myself.  I am bursting with energy.  I feel like doing cartwheels but in my little studio apartment I would probably hurt myself.  I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but this is the first weekend in two months that I haven't been suffering from eczema.  I am really confident that the treatment I'm using is working.  Last weekend, I caught a bug and developed a fever.  The fever inflamed my eczema and my face felt on fire.  I thought to myself, "Well,  back to square one."  Stubbornly I started the treatments anyways.  I officially started the treatments last Saturday regardless of the fever.  So, today is the eighth day and there is a marked improvement in my skin.  I would have taken before and after pictures but I'm quite vain so no I refuse.  The texture of my skin today is fairly smooth.  Most of the rough patches are gone especially on my cheeks which makes me extremely happy because they are the most noticeable areas on my face.  I still have some rough patches along my jawline, the temple area next to my eyes and on my nose.  My forehead and my cheeks have pretty much cleared up.  The best way that I've found to have worked well for me is before the treatment I wash my face with lukewarm to cold water using a gentle non-soap facial cleanser and a washcloth.  I take the washcloth with the cleanser on it and rub it softly on my skin in circular motions.  It removes the loose dead skin cells.  After rinsing my face with water I rub some oil on it while it is still damp.  I make sure to rub oil in every nook and cranny of my face.  I wait a few minutes for the oil to absorb and then start treatment.  I know I haven't mentioned what the treatment is but I want to make sure that it really is working before I make it public knowledge.  I don't want to be irresponsible.  Because of the eczema's tendency to reoccur just by a touch of anything the skin doesn't like I only use the washcloth to clean my face before treatments.  When I wash my face in the shower or before going to bed I just use my fingertips.  We don't want any reason for inflammation.  We basically have to walk on eggshells in regards to eczema because she's a diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment