Camelot

Camelot

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Day of Pleasure and Pain

Yesterday I woke up bright and early and took my dog, Talon, for his .64 mile morning walk.  It was a surprisingly brisk walk.  Talon was more interested in jogging than sniffing.  I swear I saw a huge grin on his cute little face as he skipped through the grass.  After the refreshing walk I decided to treat myself to a brunch consisting of nutella crepes topped with whip cream and strawberries, eggs, bacon, sausages and hash browns.  Yum!!!  I was celebrating almost three weeks of not smoking.  It will be officially three weeks tomorrow, Tuesday.  I know the breakfast wasn't a very healthy choice but when celebrating a personal milestone one should not begrudge oneself a little pleasure.  To make up for the decadent meal I bought a weight scale, right after.  I haven't owned an accurate scale in years.  I had one that was passed down to me by an Aunt but I was very dubious as to it's accuracy.  The pain I felt when I saw my weight in bold digital numbers was mind numbing.  I decided to relax for a bit and read a book.  I read for a few hours and then took Talon out for his .64 mile evening walk.  After the walk I dropped him off at home and went for my jog/walk.  I was very proud of myself.  I jogged farther than I did the previous night.  My goal is to jog the full .64 mile and then up my goal from there.  So, that was my day of pleasure and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment