Camelot

Camelot

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Day of Pleasure and Pain

Yesterday I woke up bright and early and took my dog, Talon, for his .64 mile morning walk.  It was a surprisingly brisk walk.  Talon was more interested in jogging than sniffing.  I swear I saw a huge grin on his cute little face as he skipped through the grass.  After the refreshing walk I decided to treat myself to a brunch consisting of nutella crepes topped with whip cream and strawberries, eggs, bacon, sausages and hash browns.  Yum!!!  I was celebrating almost three weeks of not smoking.  It will be officially three weeks tomorrow, Tuesday.  I know the breakfast wasn't a very healthy choice but when celebrating a personal milestone one should not begrudge oneself a little pleasure.  To make up for the decadent meal I bought a weight scale, right after.  I haven't owned an accurate scale in years.  I had one that was passed down to me by an Aunt but I was very dubious as to it's accuracy.  The pain I felt when I saw my weight in bold digital numbers was mind numbing.  I decided to relax for a bit and read a book.  I read for a few hours and then took Talon out for his .64 mile evening walk.  After the walk I dropped him off at home and went for my jog/walk.  I was very proud of myself.  I jogged farther than I did the previous night.  My goal is to jog the full .64 mile and then up my goal from there.  So, that was my day of pleasure and pain.