Camelot

Camelot

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Lowdown and Dirty

First of all, I want to apologize to my family for not letting them know I was hospitalized last week.  Sorry about that.  I really didn't want to worry you and seeing me look like a science experiment might cause some stress.  Well, it all began with a migraine, waking up to extreme pain and vomiting was not fun.  After waking up on the fourth morning to the same pain I decided to take myself to urgent care.  Once there, after checking my vitals they decided that my blood pressure was too high and that I needed to be hospitalized.  So an ambulance came and took me to the hospital.  The ambulance ride was actually quite pleasant.  The two male paremedics were very easy on the eyes (for those who don't know what that means, they were very cute) and I talked to one of them during the entire ride.  The driver was a soccer player in his youth and is studying to be a nurse.  While the other guy was keeping an eye on my vitals we talked about my kids and how two of them want to study nursing and so on...  Once at the hospital I was given all different kinds of tests.  Too many to remember while at the same time lowering my blood pressure slowly.  My hospital stay was a very positive experience.  I met three great doctors (or was it four?) and a ton of nursing staff that treated me like a princess.  They were all afraid that I would have a stroke or heart attack so they kept a close I on me and my blood pressure was checked every 15 minutes.  Overall they were great, I will have to remember to send a card or a gift of some kind to the staff to show my appreciation.  Now, they still haven't decided what caused my blood pressure to sky rocket.  Was it the migraine?  Or did the high blood pressure cause the migraine?  Personally, I think the migraine caused the high blood pressure because once my blood pressure was under control my migraine continued to bother me.  I still have more tests that need to be done.  One of my doctors noticed something in my kidneys and says I could have FMD.  I need to take a CT scan to find out for sure.  I will be doing that soon.  I have my fingers crossed that I can have it repaired and that I won't have to deal with high blood pressure anymore.  Now for the migraine...that's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment