Camelot

Camelot

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yesterday (Saturday)

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I spent the entire day at my brother's and sister-in-law's place. We were having a BBQ to wish our parents Bon voyage. My parents are retired so they spend part of their time here in the U.S. and the other in the Philippines. The weather was gorgeous and the pool was glistening. I met for the first time my parents senior citizen friends. Now that my parents have so much free time they hang out at the mall with their buddies, watch movies at the theater, go ballroom dancing and wait you won't believe this, they go clubbing. Yes, they go clubbing. My parents are more hip than I am. It's too cute. I told them "Hey what is this? Role reversal or something? When I was a teenager I would take every chance I could get to go and hang out at the mall with my friends. Now you guys are doing it while I'm slaving away at work." Funny how things work out that way. We all did shots of Don Julio, my dad's favorite drink. I think I did about about 3-4 shots with my dad. I can't remember. I was definitely feeling good. My nieces and nephew were having a blast swimming and hanging out in the hot tub. They were in heaven. I sold an iPad. One of my sister-in-laws parents were hanging out with me by the pool and they watched me playing with my iPad. I showed them all the nifty things they could do with it and after they left the BBQ they went straight to the store to buy one. Awesome! And I think my brother's friend's boyfriend is also a contender. He was definitely considering it by the time they left. One of my brother's gave me my magnetic cover for my iPad last week and he told me yesterday that it's my early birthday present. I was like "Hey, not fair." but considering the cost of the cover I'll accept it. So, hey brother dear, if you read this, you don't need to get me a birthday gift this year. So, you better read this or you're still on the hook. Hahaha... And my other brother is going to get me a wireless keyboard (right?) and if he does he's off the hook for a birthday gift too.  I feel like we have gotten so much closer as a family these last few years.  My daughter was there, as well.  I think all in all she had a good time.  We ended the day with a bonfire in their fire pit and sat around roasting marshmallows and just chillin'.  I love all of you guys that includes my whole familia! And that's not drunk talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment