Camelot

Camelot

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Spa Weekend at Home Part 1

Saturday:

During my teenage years I used to indulge in weekly hot oil treatments for my hair because I used to change the color of my hair on a monthly if not weekly basis. I was never into the out of the spectrum of natural hair colors like green, blue or pink but I did range the shades from jet black to red and every shade in between. No matter the abuse I managed to do to my hair it felt and looked healthy because I conditioned it well on a regular basis. As I got older I started falling short on the regular conditioning treatments and my hair just became another extra nuisance I tried to ignore. Eventually my hair started showing it's dislike of the neglect by becoming dry and frizzy. There was nothing I could put on it that would ease the dryness or eliminate the frizz. Until one day after getting my hair color touched up a couple of weeks ago by my hairdresser, I asked her about hair cellophane. She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her I used to go to another salon a many number of years ago that would cellophane my hair every few months and my hair would turn out smooth and shiny. She had never heard of it but she suggested doing a hot oil steam treatment for my hair. I thought why not might as well try it. She took some oil and a heavy cream conditioner and mixed it together in a bowl and slathered on my hair. Then she rolled my hair up on top of my head and put a plastic cap on and stuck me under a steamer. I was under the steamer for a good 30 minutes. After it was done she rinsed my hair out and dried it. My hair felt soft, supple and healthy. And no frizz. Amazing! She suggested I do the treatment once a month. I agreed because I loved the results but I knew a month would be too long so I started doing a similar treatment at home. Because I don't have a steamer I did the treatment in the shower. I mixed a plant based oil with a heavy cream conditioner, slathered it on all over my hair then secured my hair on top of my head and put a plastic cap on. I left it on my hair for about as long as it took me to soap and scrub the rest of my body, then removed the plastic cap and rinsed my hair thoroughly. Right now this very minute as my hair is air drying it feels wonderfully soft. I plan on doing this every weekend because I've decided it's time to stop neglecting my poor head of hair.

*Allene Angelica*
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment