Camelot

Camelot

Monday, June 8, 2015

Picturesque Village - A Fairytale



In
Picturesque Village
Pastel sublime
There is a mystery
Of the most
Esoteric kind

I sat in wonder
As it boggled
My mind
The streets
Were empty
Not one child
Could I find

"Where have all
The children gone?"
I asked
While I dined

The waiter
Blinked twice
As he glanced
My way
His smile
Misaligned

His answer
Left me
Even more
Perplexed
And out of rhyme

"Yes, isn't it nice.
The streets
Are quiet and safe
To enjoy
The sunshine.
Our children
Are all devised
And predesigned.
They must stay
In our special schools
Until
They've all been
Entirely
Streamlined."

He said it so
Matter-of-fact
I could not
Raise a response

So I finished
My meal
And I'd like to add
It was mighty fine
Quickly drove off
Just in the nick of time

Before they
Decided
That I should be
Redesigned

I left
That village behind
No village of mine

That Picturesque Village
Pastel sublime

Copyright © Allene Angelica 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment