Camelot

Camelot

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Unknown Song

Unknown Song

Allene Angelica
Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014


It was a sultry night.  The skies clear.  The stars glittering in the moonlight.  I, on the beach for my nightly stroll.  An isolated breeze, cool against my heated skin, tickled the edges of my dress as they skipped to and fro.  Dancing a merry dance of catch me if you can.  It was then I saw him.  A tall dark figure standing at the border of earth and sea.  The waves lapping at his ankles as if kisses weren't enough to satisfy.  He slowly turned his head towards me.  With the moon in full bloom behind him all I saw was a dark silhouette, a flash of gold.  A hand held out to mine...frozen, I stood.  This faceless man waited patiently as I found the courage to lift my hand.  I placed it lightly in his and I watched in fascination as his large fingers wrapped around mine like a delicate velvet throw.  I suddenly realized the soft tunes of music playing in the background as he pulled me close.  My body melted into his as he slowly swayed to the silken melody of an unknown song.

No comments:

Post a Comment