Camelot

Camelot

Monday, April 7, 2014

I Simply Wish

I simply wish to look upon the stars
Marvel at how beautiful they are
How they twinkle and wink
Embedded in all that velvety black ink

But instead I wonder
When will one explode?
Will it sound like thunder?
Or impact an ascending node?

The nearest star to Earth is the Sun
How soon before we have to run?
All life must come to an end
This I know
But will my line reach my great grandchildren
Before we all must go?

(From what I've gathered, the Sun still has billions of years of life left. So, no worries.)

I simply wish to look upon the stars
Wonder how far away they are
Close my eyes and make a wish
As one shoots across the evening sky
While the spoon runs off with the dish
Romance is still alive, I can't deny

But no...

I think...there goes a meteoroid
Entering our atmosphere
Will one fall to the Earth
At thousands of miles per hour
Escaping the burn
Hitting an unsuspecting person
In the eye
While on a midnight stroll
Taking a turn?

And then I cry...why?
Why oh why must I?

Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment