Camelot

Camelot

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Little Insurance Policy

A creepy thing happened to me yesterday.  A middle eastern middle aged man followed me home when I took my dog out for a walk.  I didn't even realize he was following because there were several people out for a walk that evening the same as any evening in my neighborhood.  He was on his cell phone speaking to someone in another language.  He had walked past me a couple of times back and forth and I assumed he was just one of those fidgety types but every time I would stop because my dog would want to sniff and mark he would stop as well.  I decided to end the walk and entered the locked gate of my complex shutting the gate door firmly behind me.  As I walked towards my apartment I noticed he had managed to enter and was continuing to follow me.  So, I stopped and turned not wanting him to know which apartment I lived in.  He approached me and asked for my phone number (are you friggin' kidding me!), I told him very politely "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend." and I stood there until I knew for sure he had walked away.  I entered my apartment and bolted the door.  Later that night I told my boyfriend what had happened so he can keep an eye out when he comes home to my place after work.  I pulled out the gun my daddy gave me (of course he taught me how to use it), gave it a little pat and set it next to me on the bed where it will be every night from now on.  My little insurance policy.  You can bet I won't go down easy.  I'll take someone with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment