Camelot

Camelot

Friday, September 30, 2011

Bank of America is Going to Charge Customers to Spend Their Own Money Via the Debit Card

When I read these articles I was disgusted.  I'm not a B of A customer.  I used to be many years ago but I became disgruntled when every month I would see new bank charges on my statement.  As I was young and barely making any money to support myself I decided to close my account and take my business elsewhere.  Ever since then I've watched as B of A over the years has done it's best to take as much money from it's customers as possible, through some miscellaneous charge or other, either by reading the headlines or listening to my friends complain about their dissatisfaction with the bank.  And now this new $5.00 charge to use your debit card, YOUR OWN MONEY!, you're not borrowing money you're just spending what you've worked hard for.  When you use your debit card it's a convenience to not have to write a check but really is that convenience worth $5.00 a pop?  So, if I decide I want to go buy a pack of gum at 7-Eleven, that two dollar pack of gum is going to cost me and extra $5.00?  And right after buying my gum, I stop at the gas station to fill up my car it'll cost me another $5.00?  So for those two transactions B of A has made $10 off of me just for the convenience of using that plastic card!  What a bunch of scam artists!  It's despicable!  I hope my bank doesn't jump on the band wagon because I'm already considering to close all of my bank accounts and find another means of socking away my money.  The decision makers of B of A apparently are not living in reality.  The country is still in turmoil financially with foreclosures not showing any signs of slowing down and the joblessness rates not improving.  Are they living in palatial mansions up in the mystical clouds in a land where everyone in the their world makes a billion a year and $5.00 a transaction is but a pittance we can all afford?



http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/bank-of-america-faces-outrage-over-debit-card-charge/2011/09/30/gIQAp8zGAL_story.html

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/29/pf/bank_of_america_debit_fee/

No comments:

Post a Comment