Camelot

Camelot

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Girl I Used To Be




The girl
I used to be
I find

'Ring around
The rosie'

Circles in
My mind

There are times
I wish
To open all
Expose wounds
The ones
I can recall

'Ashes, ashes'

Truncated
Memories
Short clips
Of histories
A broken doll
Who had
A jarring fall

From inception
Through
Progression

The cold nights
The screaming fights

'A pocket full
Of posies'

Poisoned pen
The innocence
Shaken
No consequence

Forsaken

But I can't
Not right now
It's the pain
The pain
Shattered glass
Fractured pane
Pieces missing
Life will never
Be the same

I was told
To let it go
Let it go
From my body
Let it flow

Shed it free
Free from me
But the child inside
Clings on
Desperately

Does it
Make me weak
That I can't speak
For the girl
I used to be?

I don't know


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment