Camelot

Camelot

Monday, October 27, 2014

We Listened



In my somber wellies
I clumsily walked
Through lanky grass
As coconut palms talked
About the lore
And the bore
Of human nature


A breeze whispered
Our dreams

Hot and humid
Sweat trickled down
The back of my neck
While on and on
I trekked

I followed
In the footsteps
Of one I hold dear
In his strength
I have no fear

I wriggled my toes
Uncomfortable
In the heat
I felt the uneven ground
Beneath my feet

It rained
The day before
But not today
But I'm sure
More is in store
Tis the season
Anyway

A breeze whispered
Our dreams

Volcanic rocks
Littered helter-skelter
Imagined scenes
Violent days of yester


A tug of my hand
I looked up
You smiled
Instantly
I beamed back
Safe
In the knowledge
That love
Is the one thing
We do not lack

A breeze whispered
Our dreams

We listened


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment