Camelot

Camelot

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sentimental Ties




With trembling tongue
I search for words
That will not come

Though I feel
Emotions with fervor
The zesty taste
I secretly savor

Drawing a blank
On gilded page
Left untouched
Purple ribbon saved
Meaning oh so much

Gathering dust
A reminder
Of sentimental ties
That have yet to rust

Of a past left
Somewhere
In my back pocket

The weight ensures
My crown does not
Hurtle like a rocket
To outer space
Where recognition
No longer knows my face

Keeping me
Ever
Grounded
Forever
Eating humble pie

As I dance
The weight never
Seems to glide
Off of hips leaner

Not!

Rounded full
Of sweet
Memories

Deliciously
Keeping me
Ever 
On the ground

Within surround
Sound
Of my
Sentimental ties
And that suits me

Just fine


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment