Camelot

Camelot

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

16 Years Ago I Dreamt

It was a dark and damp night
As I walked down the lane
My feet squished in the mud
I wished it hadn't rained

A shiver of fear
Ran down my spine
As I walked ever closer, nearer
To those black iron gates

I walked through
Those stiff iron bars
Up the long lonely path
Silently I wished I was at home
In a warm bubble bath

My feet squished in the mud
One step at a time
In my ears the pounding of my blood
On my body a layer of grime

Next thing
I was whisked away
To a large foyer
With marble floors
And stood there
Was my beloved grandmother
Long gone from this world

Next to her my two sons
Stood quietly watching
As tears flowed from my eyes
There must be some...misunderstanding

You must go
And leave them with me
She said
No this cannot be
I cried
I looked up
And I was back outside

In the middle of the lane
I looked around
And stood on the other side
Of those black iron bars
Were the faces three
That I loved so well
Watching me

As I slowly made my way
Up the lane
My feet squished in the mud
How I wished it hadn't rained


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2014


*Allene Angelica*
=^_^=
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment