Camelot

Camelot

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Fitness Pal + Fun Countdown

My daughter and I have been trying to lose weight for a while now. It's been an uphill battle for the both us. She fortunately inherited my curves but with those curves comes the struggle of trying to not have too much of it. The perfect balance is wonderful when you're there but when you start leaning towards the wrong side it can be a landslide effect. You get too comfortable and next thing you know you're looking at yourself in the mirror wondering what the hell happened. That is where the both of us are at today. So, she's been working out everyday trying to stay motivated. She and I talked about it and she convinced me to download the "My Fitness Pal" app which I did and I invited her to be my friend. The both of us are going to urge each other every day to work out and eat right. The app actually tells you how many calories you can consume each day to reach your weight goal. It calculates your daily intake of calories and calorie burning (work outs, activities, etc...). We also downloaded a countdown app to encourage us further by setting a date of when we want to reach our goal. I'm hoping this will really work for us. I'll keep you posted of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment