Camelot

Camelot

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

By Candlelight - A Memory



I floated in
A state of trance
Guided by
An unknown hand

Drifted towards
The flickering glow
My mind numb
In surreal reverie

What will
The gloom show?

My maw
A cauldron filled
With gabbing moths
Prancing about
In fancy dress

Shadows
Dark and lost
In four corners
Watched
My mourning progress

Seated by
The firelight
I looked beyond
To eyes that
Could not see

He
Whispered words
I no longer
Remember
Of circles
And truths
And company

I was
But a child
Pubescent
In years
But grown enough
To swallow
My brimming tears

I was
Brought there

To know
How I would fare
My present
From lips
Opened bare

My future
My fate

But
Of the whole
There was only one
One prophecy

No appointment
No date

Spoken in
The bright of day

In which I cared...


Copyright © Allene Angelica 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment